A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tire Review Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
5.201314%
I just can't stop Posting!
5.201314%

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:06 pm

Brand: Goodyear
Model: Eagle F1 GS-D3
Tread: Summer/HP

Overall, a very well performing OVERALL tire. I got it used with my ADVAN RGII's, and they hugged the road really nicely. Not overly grippy (since they were probably stored for some time, and were cracking). The tread is amazing in the rain for a summer tire, compared to that say of Falken Azeni's. With Vancouver weather as it is, this performs good in the rain, and better in the dry. The wear on them is pretty good too, driving hard, and rocking them for a little over 4 months now, and they've just barely been worn. The only little drawback these tires have is as they proceed to die (which mine are) they make more and more road noise, which can equate (in my car, with all stock sound dead-ening material) to a loud humming noise. I could see that as being an issue with a gutted car.

I would definitely pick up a set if they're on sale, if not, I'd either go back to dunlop/azeni's for the deals on them.

RATING:
(out of a possible 10, 10 being best, 1 being crappiest)

Dry: 8.5
Wet: 8
Snow: N/A
Handling: 8.5
Comfort: 7
Noise: 4 (exceptionally noisy as they wear down)
Treadwear: 7.5
Back to top Go down
http://604life.havenforum.com/
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Brand: Toyo
Model: T1R
Tread: High Performance Summer

I'll compare these tires with the "Bridgestone Potenza RE010" since they're pretty well known.
the Toyo T1Rs have abit longer life span vs the Bridgestone Potenza RE010
but the Bridgestone Potenza RE010 slightly beats it in performance wise.
But yeah if you dun have the budget to get the Bridgestone Potenza RE010, the go Toyo T1Rs.

RATING:

Dry: 8
Wet: 7
Snow: N/A
Handling: 8
Comfort: 7.5
Noise: 7
Treadwear: 7.5

Tire Review Thread Takati10
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
5.201314%
5.201314%

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:52 pm

great review chris... i'm planning on picking up new tires soon, since my F1's are dead... these seem like a good choice... because I want something that is high performance, and lasts!

Bluefi's back, but still has some healing to do... in time girl...
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:13 pm

hahah really go for the RE010!

Tire Review Thread Takati10
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
tofu
Just On Coz I'm Bored

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:32 am

brand:Nexen
modelN2000
tread all season performance tire

for those on the cheap and want a decent set of tires, these are the ones. sizes varies, but usually to normal cars with normal non low profile tire sizes. great value for the money. sporty tread pattern design. pretty quiet, compared to the old michelin XGT4's that were installed on my old chyrsler Cirrus. superior in wet and dry to those OEM tires.

tires completely changed the road feel of the car and car was less prone to understeer in whatever situation. highly reccomended for those still running with OEM tires on their honda accords and such. very confidence inspiring in the rain, and effortlessly grips in the dry. does suffer a bit in the snow though and also wears a bit sooner than most would think.

great value, decent performance tires for the value minded car enthusiast.

RATING:

Dry: 7
Wet: 7
Snow: 4
Handling: 8
Comfort: 8
Noise: 8
Treadwear: 6
Back to top Go down
5.201314%
5.201314%

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:16 pm

From what I remember with NEXEN's, they are generally super cheap, and excellent performance for the price, although the wear is a tad fast.

Back to top Go down
tofu
Just On Coz I'm Bored

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 12:59 am

yeah..

the nexen are much better than oem tires that come with most cars in our little community of cars..

they do wear a bit fast.. but it makes ur drive more confidently in wet or dry.

they were great really, but they do wear a bit fast.. the compound on those tires were quite soft.. and they sucked in snow.

a civic size of 205 50 R15 were like 60 bucks or less... at least from how i get them anyway =P
Back to top Go down
5.201314%
5.201314%

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 2:44 am

tofu wrote:
yeah..

the nexen are much better than oem tires that come with most cars in our little community of cars..

they do wear a bit fast.. but it makes ur drive more confidently in wet or dry.

they were great really, but they do wear a bit fast.. the compound on those tires were quite soft.. and they sucked in snow.

a civic size of 205 50 R15 were like 60 bucks or less... at least from how i get them anyway =P

I bought 225/40/R18's for like $100 or less

Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Brand Falken
Model Ziex ZE912
Tread Performance All-Seasons

I finally bought a new set of these tires just before our winter storms. I was quite amazed that I made it uphill on Burrard St and Granville St with relative ease. Also, I finally went for a cruise in West Van and the tires did quite well! Only understeered once or twice but there were other factors in place. IE, me being new to the course, no sway bars front or rear, car is now on new suspension and lowered a lot more. So, both good and bad on the variables list. Noise from these tires is quite low. My car is hostly stripped on the inside and I still don't find a lot of noise coming from the tires in general. Anyways, considering these aren't summer tires and the road temperature was relatively cold, I'd highly recommend these tires to those wanting a good balance for literally all seasons.

Dry: 8.5
Wet: 8
Snow: 6
Handling: 7.5
Comfort: 8
Noise: 8
Treadwear: 8

Next up: Falken Azeni RT-615's? Very Happy

Last edited by spoon.ek9 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raid3n
I'm starting to like this
Raid3n

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 12:29 am

i want to try out the Azenis RT-615, but i also want to try the Toyo R888's =D
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 am

yeah, i hear good things about the azenis. good bang for the buck, especially if you ship it to point roberts.

eventually i'll get a set of winters and dedicated summers for my ek Smile
Back to top Go down
burning77
burning77

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:15 am

EF gets crap haha
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:42 am

EF gets the cheapest stuff i can find lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Review Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Review Thread   Tire Review Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Review Thread
Page 1 of 1