Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Honda's Collection Hall.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

Honda's Collection Hall. Empty
PostSubject: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall19
Passion. It's a word that you might not connect to a huge company like Honda that operates on every corner of the globe and makes everything from lawnmowers to jet aircraft. When Soichiro Honda founded his company so many years ago, it was a passion for motoring and a passion for the relationship between man and machine that led his humble motorcycle company to become one of the biggest and most successful automakers in the world. A visit to the Honda Collection Hall will make you feel like you personally getting to know Mr.Honda as you watch his dreams unfold through the museum's displays. The Honda Collection Hall can be found nestled in the hills of Tochigi Prefecture adjacent to the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit and motoring theme park. Whether you are a Honda fan or just a motorhead in general, I think you owe it to yourself to pay a visit sometime.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall12
As soon as you walk into the Collection Hall, you are greeted by a central exhibit which displays a few historic Honda cars and bikes from the past alongside some of the newest two and four-wheeled Hondas. The atmosphere is quiet and peaceful, and the jazz music on the speakers encourages you to relax and soak in the three floors full of cars and bikes. I will mostly be focusing on the cars, but rest assured that there is also plenty to be seen if bikes are your thing.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall2
Twin Ring Motegi is well known for its annual Indy Japan race, and the Collection Hall is currently offering a special exhibit on the relationship between Honda's pioneering Formula One program and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The 1968 Honda RA301 was one the Honda F1 cars that came to Indy for testing back in the day.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall3
The main displays at the Collection Hall are divided into two wings, one with motorcycles and one with cars. The second floor has street cars and consumer products while the third floor is filled with race cars and bikes. We will take a look at the street car section first. Here you can see a number of iconic street cars like the trio of Honda S's seen above.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall11
You can see everything from Honda's earliest cars that were powered by bike engines to its modern hybrids and sports cars. You can also see how these cars grew in size as the years went on. I was really liking that blue T-series truck.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall5
Early examples of a global icon. Cars like the orange Civic RS show that Honda could demonstrate the potential of economy car-based enthusiast machines long before the Type R.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall4
The "the everyman's exotic" is represented with this immaculate example of a first generation NSX-R. It's amazing how fresh this design still looks.

The NSX is also a good place to begin our look at the racing machines found at the Collection Hall

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall1
Honda's early F1 cars are absolute mechanical artwork. The only thing you miss out on is the sound that comes with them.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondacall10
1981 March Honda 812 F2 car in classic John Player Special livery.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall6
Honda S800 RSC race version. This might be my favorite car in the whole place.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall8
Mid 1980's Honda Civic 3-door Group A race car.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall7
Another favorite was the Castrol Mugen Accord sedan from the now defunct Japanese Touring Car Championship. Just another one of the historic racing machines on display.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall9
A Honda V8-powered Indy car alongside the JGTC (now Super GT) Castrol NSX.

Besides all the cars and bikes on display, there are also a few other things to see at the Collection Hall.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall13
The Collection Hall store is fully stocked with collectables and other officially licensed Honda goods. A lot of them can only be found at the at this store.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall14
This library is fully stocked with books and magazines about all sorts of cars and motorcycles. You can also watch vintage Honda promotional and racing films. I could stay here for hours and hours.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall15
If you walk outside you will find the restoration and maintenance garage. This is where all of the cars and bikes of the Collection Hall are overhauled and worked on.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall17
As you can see, the Collection Hall's efforts span beyond just Honda-branded vehicles. While I was there, some of the mechanics had one of the old F1 cars fired up and the sounds it made were unreal.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall16
On weekends, you can see selected cars and bikes doing demonstration runs on a small course behind the Collection Hall building. Here we see the mechanics prepping a car for some of these demo runs.

I will leave you with one more shot that represents the spirit of Honda motoring.

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall18
Like I said earlier, everyone should try and visit the Honda Collection Hall if you can get the opportunity. Even if you are not a Honda fan when you get there, chances are you will leave with a genuine appreciation of Soichiro Honda and his machines.
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 am

i definetly want to go to this museum in my lifetime. hopefully i'll take a trip to the Spoon Type 1 garage as well!
Back to top Go down
ae101_panda
Just On Coz I'm Bored
ae101_panda

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 3:20 am

what kind of honda collection is this theres only cars & bike where are the lawnmowers & those kind of stuff ???

& do i see lego in the library
Back to top Go down
elkayem
I'm starting to like this
elkayem

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 am

Honda's Collection Hall. Hondahall8

OMG! THIS IS MY MAGIC CAR IN GT4!!! LOLOL
I WON SOOO MANY RACES WITH THAT
Back to top Go down
swfk

Location : Vee, Aye, En, See, Oh, You, Vee, Eee, Are, comma, Bee, See

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 am

hahaha omg that civic was my magic car too, i used one and i kept playing the civic race to win a shit load of them and sold them all except the one i used, then is used the money to buy a M5 and the M5 was my new magic car^^
Back to top Go down
elkayem
elkayem

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 am

LOL EXACTLY WHAT I DID...
I BEAT IT UP SO BAD TOO
CUZ I THREW IT TO RALLY HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
AND IT SUCKED IN RALLY
Back to top Go down
swfk

Location : Vee, Aye, En, See, Oh, You, Vee, Eee, Are, comma, Bee, See

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 am

LOL rally???
well it does handle really well on the track^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda's Collection Hall.   Honda's Collection Hall. Empty

Back to top Go down

Honda's Collection Hall.
Page 1 of 1