Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Heart Honda o8'

Go down 
+2
KooKiE MoNsTeR!
Shunya
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Review By: Speed Hunters | Source: Click Here
I Heart Honda o8' Hh1
I know this is Porsche month, but after spending last Friday at Tsukuba Circuit for the first ever I Heart Honda!! event, I just can't seem to get the sound of screaming VTEC engines out of my head. What is it about Honda? Japan's automotive scene has no shortage of remarkable machines like high-powered GT-R highway racers, time attack Imprezas, four-door Toyota drift cars, or groundbreaking rotary cars, but there is just something special about Honda's performance cars. You can check out my earlier article about Honda's Collection Hall at Twin Ring Motegi for a little more on Honda's unique history and the brand's lifelong infusion with motorsports around the world.

While Honda's in-house racing programs are nothing short of amazing, the I Heart Honda!! event was not really about Honda's factory racing ventures, but a celebration of Japanese Honda Tuning on a grand scale. If you are familiar with the annual Hyper Meeting and its significance to Evo and Impreza enthusiasts, then you can imagine what this event was like. It is basically the Hyper Meeting for Hondas. I Heart Honda!! was the brainchild of Spoon Sports and its famous founder Tatsuru Ichishima who wanted to have an event dedicated just to the people who enjoy driving and tuning Honda machines of all types.

Japanese tuning shops always seem to have competitive, but friendly relations with each other and just about every major Honda tuner in Japan was present at the event with demo cars, booths, and the Best Motoring/Hot Version film crew was there to shoot features for an upcoming DVD release. In addition there were also special track sessions for classic Hondas and free run groups with over 100 privately and shop-owned Hondas taking to Tsukuba's 20000 course for track time.

I have so much content from this event and it will obviously take multiple posts to cover everything, so let's get started shall we?

I Heart Honda o8' Hh4
Since the paddock inside the track was occupied with tuner shop booths and race cars, the parking lots on the outside of the track were used as the parking areas for the cars running in the "Spirit" free run sessions. There were too many track-tuned Hondas to count and they ranged from tiny Honda City kei cars to fully tuned GT-style NSX's. As you would expect, the Civic and Integra Type R's along with the always popular S2000 were the most commonly seen vehicles in this area.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh2
Know where you come from. In addition to all the modern machines, I Heart Honda!! 2008 also had a special class for historic Hondas including N360's and Z's as well as one of the biggest gatherings of S600 and S800 roadsters I have seen anywhere. The number of classics totalled around 40 cars.The red on black roadster with RS Watanabes has such a timeless look and the white car with the hardtop and Hayashi Street wheels is another fine example of the breed. Of course all of these immaculate vintage Hondas would see plenty of track time at the event.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh7
The paddock at I Heart Honda!! was like a who's who list of the biggest Honda tuner and demo cars in Japan. Here we have a pair of cars from Top Fuel including their S2000 Type-RR turbo which is the current FR time attack record holder at Tsukuba Circuit with a 55.350 lap time that was recorded last winter with NOB Taniguchi behind the wheel. Speaking of Taniguchi, he was at the event along with Manabu Orido, Keiichi Tsuchiya, and other pro drivers for the Hot Version battle and film shoot. In the background you can also see Tracy Sports' NSX race car from the Super Taikyu series.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh3
Just a typical scene during the "Spirit" track sessions with a parade of Hondas running through the Tsukuba 2000 course. I was surprised at the amount of the tuned CL7 Accord Euro-R's (sexier version of the Acura TSX) that were driving in this event. I have always liked the CL7's for combining the heart and soul of a Honda's FF performance machines with the practicality and comfort of a mature sport sedan.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh5
With the introduction of the new FD2 Civic Type R last year, the popularity of Hondas as a tuning platforms in Japan has never been higher. There were several tuned FD2's at the I Heart Honda!! event from shops like Ings+1, Tracy Sports, Spoon, J's Racing, Seeker, Honda Twincam, and more. Here we see the Tracy Sports/Dunlop FD2 along with the Ings+ 1 demo car getting to ready to head out on to the course.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh8
Speaking of tuned FD2's, there's the Feel's Honda Twincam car which I wrote a feature on a few months ago. Since I shot it, the car has had a few extra additions and NO I am not talking about the two campaign gals standing beside it...

I Heart Honda o8' Hh6
Gathered outside the track we have more Type R's including a Phoenix Yellow DC2 Integra tuned by Seeker and a blue FD2 Civic. A lot has changed in the auto industry since the original DC2 Type R debuted back in the mid '90s, but it is nice to see that Honda is still producing affordable driver-focused specialty machines like the most recent Civic Type R. Now if we could only get Honda to send some FD2's to the states...

I Heart Honda o8' Hh9
Here we see an S2000 equipped with a whole catalog's worth of Spoon parts running away from some of its front-drive siblings during another one of the open track sessions. The Spoon aero for the S2000 gives the car quite a dramatic change in appearance and even more importantly you can bet that it is 100% functional much like the rest of Spoon's tuning products.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh12
J's Racing came all the way from Osaka with three cars including two Fits and their latest FD2 Civic demo car. The car in this photo is the J's K-series-powered time attack beast that I wrote about here a while back. I'm thinking this is probably the fastest Fit on the planet at this point. This one was one of the cars running in the Hot Version East Japan vs. West Japan tuning car battle which was recorded at the event.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh10
The track fills with nostalgic machines during the Honda classic free run session. I knew that seeing this many vintage S's running at the same time is an opportunity that doesn't come along too often so I made sure to shoot plenty of photos during this time.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh11
Seeing how Spoon Sports was the main host of the event, they brought a whole handfull of their demo cars to the event, but the "star of the show" had to be Spoon's new NSX-R GT project which is will be running in the November Macau GP race. There were constant crowds around the car all day long, and watching the naturally aspirated beast as it made its shakedown runs around the Tsukuba course was quite the experience. This car sounds unreal!

Anyways, that does it for part one. I'll have more on the new Spoon NSX and other action from I Heat Honda!! '08 in the next post.

I Heart Honda!!

Spoon Sports!!

Last edited by Shunya on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm

I Heart Honda 2008 - Part 2 Review By: Speed Hunters | Source: Click Here
I Heart Honda o8' Hh21
Time for some more action from the VTEC-drenched spectacle that was I Heart Honda!! 2008 at Tsukuba Circuit. I figured that this shot of a legendary EK9 Civic Type R undergoing some work in the paddock would be good way to open this post. There are few things that symbolize Honda performance machines more than the Championship White paint and red engine valve covers used on all of the R-badged vehicles. Speaking of Championship White, during the I Heart Honda!! event I must have seen more Championship White cars than I have ever seen before.

Now for some more event photos-

I Heart Honda o8' Hh16
Of all the vehicles that Spoon brought to the event, the most interesting had to be this original EA-chassis Civic Group A race car from the '80s. Ichishima-san was happy to show me this car, and when he fired up everyone within earshot had to cover their ears. This car is LOUD! Later on when the car was out on the track taking laps it was even better. Seeing and hearing this nostalgic racing machine blasting down the front straight alongside the newer FD2's was awesome or shibui!

I Heart Honda o8' Hh13
A group of cars rounding the track during the damp morning. It rained a little throughout the day, but fortunately never enough to really soak thing. I'd better get my fill of Tsukuba's green scenery because it will soon be making its yearly transformation to wintertime brown.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh20
More of the shop displays including Ings+1 and Djac Racing Factory who brought their FD2 for the tuner battle, as well as their S2000. I Heart Honda!! was the perfect place for FD2 owners looking for tuning advice. Not only could they view the demo cars up close, but there was even a special track session where people could go for ride-alongs in the different shop demo cars. It would have liked to get rides in some of these cars, but instead I was trackside taking photos of them for you guys...

I Heart Honda o8' Hh17
I have decided that the S2000 is going to be my future car, and all day long I was getting inspiration from and shooting photos of the swarms of badass S2000's at the event. Besides looking really cool, this particular silver AP1 was incredibly fast as well! It was just running away from all of the other cars in its group, late-braking into all of the corners and running a perfect racing line. In other words, being used just an S2000 should be...

I Heart Honda o8' Hh15
I think someone asked if there were any DC5 Integras at the event, so here is a shot of Spoon's DC5 passing an FD2 in front of the main grandstand. It was one of tons of DC5's there. It's unsure whether we will ever see the return of the Integra after its demise a couple years ago, but at least the DC5 still has a lot of a big following from tuners and racers in Japan and elsewhere.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh18
The CRX is another one of Honda's most memorable cars. This example has been tuned by Spoon's Type-One tuning shop in Tokyo. I know there have been plenty of "less than cool" examples of the CRX seen over the years, but the car is still one of the most iconic front wheel drive cars ever made. If anyone has doubts about the capabilities of the car, all you need to do is look up the SS Works giant killer CRX from a few years back. By the way, I wonder what ever happened to that car?

I Heart Honda o8' Hh19
Honda's first open sports car, the S600. Along with cars like the Hakosuka GT-R and the Toyota 2000GT, these Honda roadsters are some of the most desired Japanese classics on the planet. Jay Leno even has one of these in his extensive collection along with an original Mazda Cosmo Sports.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh14
Thirty-some years and 1400cc's later, Honda's FR open sports machines continue to inspire enthusiasts.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh24
This DC2 tuned by Seeker was another one of my favorites at the event. I just love aggressively done circuit-tuned FF Hondas like this one. Check the front blister fenders and the huge stagger between the front and rear wheels. Over the past several years, Honda-owners stateside have moved away from aggressive exterior styling, but this DC2 shows how good these cars can be with the right combination of performance and cosmetic modification.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh23
There's Spoon's new NSX project passing the turbocharged S2000 built by Skills. The cars built by Skills all have a heavy American influence, and the S2000 has HRE wheels and a crazy custom audio system in the trunk. As this picture shows, that obviously doesn't mean that the car is not capable of going out there and getting down on the track when the time arises.

I Heart Honda o8' Hh22
And lastly the totally cool classic Honda Vamos microtruck that Spoon brought out. This rare machine served as the official pit vehicle and race queen transporter for the day.

That's all for now. More I Heart Honda!! coverage coming soon.

I Heart Honda!!

Spoon Sports!!
Back to top Go down
KooKiE MoNsTeR!
I don't post...
KooKiE MoNsTeR!

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Wow neat event!! I want to be there to see this too Razz
I Heart Honda o8' Hh4
Is it me or do I see Shunya in this picture?
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 pm

No, That's not me, although I wish it could of been.
but yeah I have info on that car since a long time ago Smile
the drive is a female Very Happy

here's a link to her site Click Me!
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:51 pm

o. m. f. g.
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 am

^ I love that reaction``
Back to top Go down
-kT
I'm starting to like this
-kT

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 1:37 pm

holy fucking shit

FD2 madness <3
ings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.waterwillrise.com/kt
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm

haha yeah`` it's so awsome and the new fit is there too``
Back to top Go down
burning77
I just can't stop Posting!
burning77

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPOON NSX-R GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CKING HAWTTTTTTTT
Back to top Go down
-kT
-kT

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Shunya wrote:

yeah I spotted that too!

it didn't get a lot of attention though, no solo shots
Back to top Go down
http://www.waterwillrise.com/kt
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:25 am

-kT wrote:
Shunya wrote:

yeah I spotted that too!

it didn't get a lot of attention though, no solo shots
well I'm sure there are but I couldn't find any atm
Back to top Go down
elkayem
elkayem

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:11 pm

oh em geee.....
Those are fucking hot.
The CTR's are soo nice.
I still have yet to hear anyone liking the INGS+1 kit on the new CTR other than me. Sad
But DAMN yes Honda<3

Took me a while to get onto reading the captions though, cuz when the Spoons2k in the first pic came into my eyesight, I needed a change of pants.
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:58 pm

hahaha yeah, both INGS+1 & C-West makes 100% Nice Body Kits, that's why people thought my car was there LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Heart Honda o8' Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Heart Honda o8'   I Heart Honda o8' Empty

Back to top Go down

I Heart Honda o8'
Page 1 of 1