Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

*stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit Empty
PostSubject: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:18 am

hi guys i know i dont post here often but my friend got her silver honda fit stolen and she needs some help ..

plate number 201 EVP

if anyone could contact me if they see it that'd be great =) thanks

the story: left it idling and went back inside to get something then it got jacked... i know stupid thing to do but whats happened has happened =(

edit: btw this was around the blundell/no.1 area and it happened at around 6 am, thursday january 7th
Back to top Go down
Raid3n
I'm starting to like this
Raid3n

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:42 am

icbc likely wont cover the theft, just an FYI
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:49 am

well the good news is that the thieves will have an extremely difficult time selling the car or its parts. the vin will give it away that the car is stolen. also, if etching was done on the windows, then it makes the glass unsellable as well. if you friend hasn't already, have her report it to the dealership that she got it from, they will have ways to assist in the recovery effort.

good luck.
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:48 pm

yup ok she got it back.. the rcmp found it downtown vancouver somewhere
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 10:44 pm

that's good luck. any damage to it? parts missing?
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:13 am

spoon.ek9 wrote:
that's good luck. any damage to it? parts missing?

nope everythings still there, apparently the theives thought they would just drive it like their own car and no one would notice
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 am

that's some extreme luck then. zero damage, zero stolen. not even high km's? lol... happy for your friend!
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:17 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
that's some extreme luck then. zero damage, zero stolen. not even high km's? lol... happy for your friend!

yea thats what i thought too.. my friend told me she only left her car for a few minutes (which she does everyday) so i figured the person who stole it probably watched her for quite a long period of time to learn her schedule. i thought anyone that would do that would probably be smarter than to drive it around but i guess i was wrong =)
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:45 am

well like i said, the new hondas (and all cars in general i believe) are tagged and coded to make it a lot harder to sell the stolen parts. tell your friend she is extremely lucky that they didn't take it for a joyride and completely destroy her Fit.

and if she's actually trying to justify leaving her car running ALONE for "just a few minutes" tell her to wake up. i (and probably everyone else here) never walk away from my car with the keys in the ignition and engine turned on Razz
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:27 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
well like i said, the new hondas (and all cars in general i believe) are tagged and coded to make it a lot harder to sell the stolen parts. tell your friend she is extremely lucky that they didn't take it for a joyride and completely destroy her Fit.

and if she's actually trying to justify leaving her car running ALONE for "just a few minutes" tell her to wake up. i (and probably everyone else here) never walk away from my car with the keys in the ignition and engine turned on Razz

exactly. i dont think she'll be leaving her car running anytime soon haha.

for hondas is it possible to start the engine with the key and lock the doors with the remote thing? i knwo cars with push button starts can do that (becuase u dun need the key in the car for it to stay running) but what about normal keyd cars? and why dont people do this more often instead of leaving the doors unlocked while they leave their car? (is it becuase its too much of a hassle to take the remote off the keyring?)
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 pm

from my experience at honda, once the key is in the ignition, the buttons are disabled. (this is for the key/remote combo). I've never really tried using the spare set of keys to try and lock the doors while it is running. you could try it out but it may or may not work and cause problems.

for me, i have compustar w/ auto-start so this eliminates the possibility of anyone being able to even get into the car while the engine is on (alarm stays active until i unlock it).
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 1:57 am

spoon.ek9 wrote:
from my experience at honda, once the key is in the ignition, the buttons are disabled. (this is for the key/remote combo). I've never really tried using the spare set of keys to try and lock the doors while it is running. you could try it out but it may or may not work and cause problems.

for me, i have compustar w/ auto-start so this eliminates the possibility of anyone being able to even get into the car while the engine is on (alarm stays active until i unlock it).

haha yea... i want to get some kind of remote start thing for my car too (cold as hell winters.. need to leave car running like 10 min first) but the whole t hing with the push button start makes it hard to do. i dont think anyone has done it yet... so dunno if its possible... =(
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:39 am

more than likely it won't work, because when you lock the car (on cars 2007 or newer) you are also enabling the immobilizer. therefore, the engine would be unable to be left running while being locked by an outside remote.

auto-start is like a gift from the gods during winter. its nice to sit into your car when its nice and toasty. usually 5-7mins is enough for my car hah..
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 pm

haha i live in waterloo right now... winter here is ridiculous! it hasnt stopped snowing since october or osmething
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am

yeah it's nice to have vancouver winters. but it has been really cold this year... my fuel mileage has dropped considerably.
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 5:45 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
yeah it's nice to have vancouver winters. but it has been really cold this year... my fuel mileage has dropped considerably.

yea i know.. i was in richmond for xmas break and all i got was snowstorm after snowstorm.... NOT what i expected.

and dont even get me started on mileage lol... i dont even know how i get 12.3 liters/100 km HIGHWAY!! my friend in his mazda 3 gets like 8.5 and he revs it up to like 5, 6k at EVERY STOPLIGHT i think my gas tank has a leak or someting =/
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:09 pm

LOL... you were here for all that shitty snow? sucks to be you!

what car do you drive? i think my car is running super rich right now, so that might be why my civic gets such shitty mileage for a 1.6L lol...
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
LOL... you were here for all that shitty snow? sucks to be you!

what car do you drive? i think my car is running super rich right now, so that might be why my civic gets such shitty mileage for a 1.6L lol...

altima sedan =_=.... on the site it says im supposed to get like 6.9 highway 8.5 city or something

i dunno why its so high.... i drive a LOT of highway
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 pm

haha well... 12L highway is quite insane. i'm making about 11L/100km in the city right now with my civic.. which i find quite odd. is it really windy where you are? just the blazing cold seems to be enough to burn your gas like crazy.
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:29 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
haha well... 12L highway is quite insane. i'm making about 11L/100km in the city right now with my civic.. which i find quite odd. is it really windy where you are? just the blazing cold seems to be enough to burn your gas like crazy.

nah its not that windy... just a lot of snow all the time. i guess 10 min to warm up my engine plays a part in the 12.5 L/100km. but what i dont get is why my friend gets much better mileage.. he drives a mazda3 sedan
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 pm

well there's a ton of different factors that could explain it. i believe the mazda 3 is a 2.5L and your is the same? correct me if i'm wrong. i think your car has the higher of the two's curb weights. is yours a v4 or a v6?

things like insufficient tire pressure, lugging around a bunch of crap in your trunk or passenger seats, bad spark plugs/o2 sensors, engine oil that needs to be changed, a clogged air filter, etc could all contribute to the poor fuel efficiency.

the weird thing for me is, my tires are inflated correctly, my rear/trunk is almost completely stripped, engine oil is fresh, air filter/intake is new, and it's a 1.6L!!!

i don't think warming up eats up that much gas to be honest (for my car anyways). it doesn't seem to affect the mileage that much because i warm it up every single day before driving it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
burning77
I just can't stop Posting!
burning77

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:02 am

v4 is so stupid=.= it's such an old design
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 am

spoon.ek9 wrote:
well there's a ton of different factors that could explain it. i believe the mazda 3 is a 2.5L and your is the same? correct me if i'm wrong. i think your car has the higher of the two's curb weights. is yours a v4 or a v6?

things like insufficient tire pressure, lugging around a bunch of crap in your trunk or passenger seats, bad spark plugs/o2 sensors, engine oil that needs to be changed, a clogged air filter, etc could all contribute to the poor fuel efficiency.

the weird thing for me is, my tires are inflated correctly, my rear/trunk is almost completely stripped, engine oil is fresh, air filter/intake is new, and it's a 1.6L!!!

i don't think warming up eats up that much gas to be honest (for my car anyways). it doesn't seem to affect the mileage that much because i warm it up every single day before driving it anywhere.

its the 4 cylinder. my friend wants to get an altima too and when i told him about my horrible fuel consumption he told me his friend's altima gets 8.5 l/100km with mixed highway/city driving

passengers MIGHt be the problem... i almost always have 2-4 passengers with me... does that really make such a big impact on fuel consumption though? its like a 4l/100km difference
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 am

well think about it. average weight of a passenger (for arguments sake) is 130lbs (if you're driving asians around lol). thats 260 - 520 lbs of dead weight added to your car not even including your weight! you better believe that will use up more gas.

you use the most gas when starting from a stop, thats why city mileage is always a LOT shittier than highway. the weight would only be neglible if you are able to start from a stop only once and don't have to slow down at all. ie, no stopping/slowing down between point A and point B of your trip Smile

you could always try driving NO ONE around and see what your mileage is. you might lose some friends but at least you'll be happier about your fuel usage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rabbitz
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
well think about it. average weight of a passenger (for arguments sake) is 130lbs (if you're driving asians around lol). thats 260 - 520 lbs of dead weight added to your car not even including your weight! you better believe that will use up more gas.

you use the most gas when starting from a stop, thats why city mileage is always a LOT shittier than highway. the weight would only be neglible if you are able to start from a stop only once and don't have to slow down at all. ie, no stopping/slowing down between point A and point B of your trip Smile

you could always try driving NO ONE around and see what your mileage is. you might lose some friends but at least you'll be happier about your fuel usage Very Happy

ok i started up my car and reset the thing and started driving by myself. got around 9 l/100km. i was at a friends house for like 3 hours. then i started up my car and it jumped to 10.5 l/100km.,. went to pick up a friend, stopped my engine and started again and it jumped to 11.5 l/100km. then we drove to the mall and afterwards when i started my car again it was back at 12.5.... so after i drop her off i reset it again while my car is running and by the time i got home it was at 9 l/100km again.

iunno.. can starting my engine really bump my fuel consumtion up by 1l/100km every time??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit   *stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit Empty

Back to top Go down

*stolen* 2009 silver/grey honda fit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next