Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor

Go down 
+3
-kT
Shunya
Nyaa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyaa
I'm starting to like this
Nyaa

[REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor Empty
PostSubject: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:16 am

This movie is the third installment into "The Mummy" trilogy and unfortunately, it fails to live up to its predecessors.

The movie picks up some years after the second one where the protagonists are enjoying a peaceful life until the "dragon emperor" is excavated. A series of even eventually lead to the resurrection of the emperor and the grand chase between the good and evil.

As simple as the plot sounds, the incoherency between cultures and languages failed to make this a decent movie. If you're planning to use Chinese as some characters' dialogue, stick to it, don't switch back and forth, it's unprofessional and pointless. The second aspect which ruined this movie was the overly abused CG animations and creatures. The creatures created through CG was nicely rendered and the effects are amazing, but it is the fact that most of these things are completely irrelevant to the story line/culture.

1. Yeti
- They came out in one scene with no foreshadowing of their appearance.
- Unprofessional, It's like filling a gap on a puzzle with a piece of crap.

2. Emperor - Dragon
- Eastern dragon does not have wings

3. Emperor - Bull?
- This is completely irrelevant, I can accept the dragon part but he suddenly turns into a bull?

4. Undead Army
- There are so much more you can do with this but the director chose to let them be something that's happening in the background of the movie... not foreground. How long were they mentioned? Maybe 1-2 minutes?

Overall, I would rate this movie.
6/10

If you're looking for some flashy entertainment, then go watch it. If you're looking for a movie with a deep storyline and strong character development, then download/rent this movie.
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 am

lots of ppl said it was shietty``
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Shunya wrote:
lots of ppl said it was shietty``

Don't compare it to the last two Mummies lol It's completely different.
Back to top Go down
-kT
-kT

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 2:41 pm

I personally didn't think it was bad at all, but that may be coming from me not having watched the last 2 Mummies

I'd give it an 8.5/10, personally
Back to top Go down
http://www.waterwillrise.com/kt
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:34 pm

i didn't get to watch it tho``
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
Mike Yass
I'm too cool for this
Mike Yass

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 3:56 pm

It's also as poorly marketed as that new X-Files movie. Yes, there's a second X-Files movie and they only started campaigning about 2 weeks from release. On the other hand, I haven't even heard of this third Mummy movie. No
Back to top Go down
darthchilli
darthchilli

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 6:46 pm

too much brandon fraser this summer
thats all i will say...

3rd rate actor in a franchise that shoulda ended with the 2nd one...
Back to top Go down
AyC101x2
604Life is my Homepage!
AyC101x2

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 2:57 am

haven`t watched the other mummies but this one was pretty good moviee
Back to top Go down
longcat
I don't post...
longcat

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 4:23 am

Seriously, I wanted my money back from this piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor   [REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor Empty

Back to top Go down

[REVIEW] The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: 604Life Styles :: Movies, TV, & Animation-
Jump to: