Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Windshield wipers skipping

Go down 
+8
elkayem
5.201314%
spoon.ek9
Shunya
minix3
GundamEk
milkdad
Yushimi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

Windshield wipers skipping Empty
PostSubject: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 11:30 am

Took me awhile to figure out where to post this but it said anything related to the exterior. Lolz

Alright. Just as the title states. I've done everything I couldve thought. RainX, changed blades, cleaned the windshield, new coating of silicon, and I even dried it with a lint free cloth so theres no streaks or whatever. NOTHING is working. And I really don't feel like changing the whole wiper bar...unless thats the only choice I got left.

Any suggestions left out there? Lolz
Back to top Go down
milkdad
I'm starting to like this
milkdad

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

rainX is bad for the wipers...
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Really? Someone told me to use it =___="
Well either way, I changed the blades atleast twice now. Still no good.
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:04 pm

How old is the car, and do you park anywhere near trees or industrial areas?
What wiper blades are you using? Did you only switch the wiper rubber or the arm its on?

Rain X is fine for the windows but it does wear out.

As for the windshield you have cleaned it, what did you use to clean it like windex or something similiar?

Try using fine steel wool and go over the entire windshield and use a product i think its called No-Touch Window Stripper. Then apply Rain X. I would recommend using PIAA Silicon wiper blades with Rain X.
Back to top Go down
http://www.autofxgarage.com
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Oh and one last thing is it could also be the angle of the wiper arm is tweaked a bit so the pressure being applied onto the windshield is not perfect so its streaking.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Drive way? And garaged.
Honda's wiper blades. I only use their wiper blades, I really dont trust anything else. But I'll try PIAA.
OH GOD NO. I never EVER use windex on my windshield. Lolz. I use those windshield formula washers. I forgot the brand at the moment.
Steel wool? That sounds...risky. Lolz.
I've checked. The wiper arm is fine.
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Well do you frequent any where thats close to an auto bodyshop because you can have over spray on your windshield.
Fine steel wool is fine, hell i've even taken wool pad on a polisher and used 3M super duty heavy grit polishing compound on windshield to take scratches out.

PIAA wipers get the silicone version last longer and works better especially with a RainX treated windshield. I abused tested the wipers lasted like over a year and still going fine.
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:28 pm

Try Meguiars products. They usually work well for me for both body work and glass.
Otherwise what I have found is if you go to those DIY car washes, they have a wax which seems to sheet off water so I don't use my wipers unless it is very heavy rain. Not sure if they have this in Canada though.
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:36 pm

For general glass cleaning duty i use Gunk Spray foaming stuff works good and cheap.

If the glass is pitted or has over spray or tree sap or pollen is when I break out the heavy duty cleaning methods
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Windshield is perfectly fine. Hmm. You think its my windshield's problem? Sigh. I might take it to the shop but I don't want them touching my car lolz
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:34 pm

only other way is I have to see car/windshield to see if i can determine the cause.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Lolz well currently its sitting outside my house.
I guess I'll go get PIAA silicones. Good place to get them without being stupidly overpriced? Lolz
If that doesn't work, I'll need to get someone to check it.
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 pm

hmm lordco use to sell them but not anymore.
place sin richmond that has hmm Cartronix does I think.

Ok I'll use my super zoom vision to zoom in and tell you condition of your glass.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Lolz where do you buy yours?
Haha oki. Use your super power Razz
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 am

use to get from lordco lol, but i do have other sources too
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 am

^^^ oh boo you. Hook me up lolz. Nah jks I'll get mine from lordco =(
Back to top Go down
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:09 am

they don't carry them anymore for some stupid reason, actually i should check again and see.

I know of 1 more place but they weren't cheap there but we'll have to call and see.

super zoom eyes not working, contacts not feeling well haha
Back to top Go down
Shunya
Sexiest Admin on Earth!
Shunya

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 am

I dunno I dun have wipers!
Back to top Go down
http://604life.heavenforum.com
GundamEk
I'm too cool for this

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:21 am

Well your just special aren't u.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am

Lolz. Could you check for me please? I'm tired of driving in rain. This just makes my hate towards rain even worse.
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:45 am

you guys are probably against this, but i suggest using the reflex windshield wipers from canadian tire. they go from $20-$25 per blade. I used these on my old 1987 mazda 323 (with a brand new windshield, which is comparable since there's nothing wrong with yours) and it was amazing. there's a reason all of the new cars (even Hondas, since i work there) use this wiper design.

the oem blades on my 323 just didn't have enough pressure against the windshield. the arc shape of the reflex blades made my car feel new again in the rain Very Happy

new reflex blades + rain away + new windshield = pure clarity

also, check to see if the bolt holding down your wipers (at the very bottom of the windshield) is tight enough, that may be a quick solution that will cost you $0.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:11 am

reflex? I heard horrible stories about them. Something about the wind being strong and they uplift.
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:52 am

i'm not sure where all of these negative stories come from. i never had any problems at all with my reflex. and i parked outside during the windstorms... so yeah.

in fact, i plan on buying these soon to replace my shitty oem ones on my EK.
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:07 pm

hmm oki. If you say so lolz. If I can't find the PIAA then I'll get those =P
if they uplift, I'm blaming you LOLZ
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 pm

haha... well if they don't uplift in a shitty '87 mazda during windstorms i'm pretty sure they'll be fine on your car. i also drove that car well above 120km/hr with zero lifting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windshield wipers skipping   Windshield wipers skipping Empty

Back to top Go down

Windshield wipers skipping
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technical Discussion :: Chassis, Lighting, Autobody Structure, Glass Tech-
Jump to: