Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delete this immature section and mods.

Go down 
+13
burning77
Raid3n
JYC
5.201314%
elkayem
swfk
spoon.ek9
Yushimi
-kT
ac101
darthchilli
Nyaa
minix3
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

Delete this immature section and mods. Empty
PostSubject: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 8:48 pm

I am personally sick of reading people's whingey whiney complaints with each other. Keep it to PM's. This is why I made the rules. I am over reading you boys having a fucking cry over statements on a forum. It's the fucking internet.
We don't have a lot of members here and I would like this to be a somewhat peaceful place. You got problems with other members get the fuck over it. If you have nothing constructive to say, keep it to yourselves. I sick of reading petty comments from boys who ego issues. Grow the fuck up. This goes not only for the people that start the threads, it goes for the people who reply and rebut. If you have a problem with a member, making a thread about it is just adding fuel to the fire.
People do not want to be part of a forum full of boys who sand in their vaginas. If you don't like the members, ignore their posts or leave.
I don't want this forum to become more negative than positive.

As for the mods, I suggest we don't have any section mods until people prove themselves to be capable of moderating rather than who asks for it first. Maybe have one or two other admins/full mods for now [ones that can moderate any section] and it is up to Shunya who he sees as fit to be a mod.

I don't want a forum with mods who have no idea WTF they are on about or mods who clearly need to grow up first.

[/rant]
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
I'm starting to like this
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 am

The ironic thing is that, a popular forum will always have trolls who whine about things, that is one of the elements that keeps a forum alive and that is why Shunya made this section in the first place. If you don't want to see "immature forum trolling", then please don't visit this section.
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:35 am

So we should have this section because we have boys with sand in their vaginas who can't keep their problems to themselves? So it keeps the forum alive by bombarding it with negative threads that put other members down?
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:41 am

So you're saying we should take this section out and let members flame in the normal sections?

The growth of an online community is partially based on events that take place through out the course of the community's development. As I was saying, a suitable amount of trolling does help a forum, but excessively uncontrolled trolling will degrade a forum. I'm making this statement based on my experience as a forum moderator in various other sites and I honestly hope this would be a sensible argument between us.
Back to top Go down
darthchilli
darthchilli

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:49 am

Nyaa has very good english!
anyways

yea..sand in vajayJAY....and KT...thats about it...
hahahahahahahaha

super sand vaJAYJAY

hahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:55 am

Nyaa wrote:
So you're saying we should take this section out and let members flame in the normal sections?

The growth of an online community is partially based on events that take place through out the course of the community's development. As I was saying, a suitable amount of trolling does help a forum, but excessively uncontrolled trolling will degrade a forum. I'm making this statement based on my experience as a forum moderator in various other sites and I honestly hope this would be a sensible argument between us.

I'm saying boys should just keep beefs to themselves and/or over PMs. It isn't going to develop if you make a beef public and everyone else gives an opinion since it will either separate the forum, or make a member seem as if everyone else is ganging up. The trolling ATM clearly isn't controlled and it annoys me that most of the problems between members are personal and are unrelated to the forum in any way. That doesn't help the forum grow would you not agree?
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:09 am

minix3 wrote:
Nyaa wrote:

I'm saying boys should just keep beefs to themselves and/or over PMs. It isn't going to develop if you make a beef public and everyone else gives an opinion since it will either separate the forum, or make a member seem as if everyone else is ganging up. The trolling ATM clearly isn't controlled and it annoys me that most of the problems between members are personal and are unrelated to the forum in any way. That doesn't help the forum grow would you not agree?

Good point minix3, but keep in mind all of these are happening in the "Fight Club". This section was made so that trolling maybe kept away from the main sections of this forum. If it wasn't for this section, the relationship topic will easily hit an extra 3-4 pages of insults that will perhaps have a negative effect on this community. You also have to consider why this section was placed at the very bottom of this forum. A new member would rarely scroll all the way down since this forum's attractions are at the top. In my opinion, our "Fight Club" would only cause problem if this is a gaming forum where members may ask for "in game administrator/installing support", but this is only a social/interest forum where the feature of "forum support" is not as crucial for members to refer to frequently.

Perhaps you may consider the option of having more administrators to lock down a thread as soon as flaming becomes out of control, but keep in mind that should the number of administrators increase, more personal opinions(not necessary insults) will clash and it will be even more difficult to manage the administrator team.
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 am

You need to keep in mind that people use the "New posts" button as opposed to going to each section so fight club DOES come up.
But can't people just keep their trolling to PM's? you got an issue regarding a post one made then PM them about it [like you did] since it is a much more mature way to deal with it. If it still gets too out of hand, then consider the parties involved PM the admin [this is why i think we need to have more "main" mods] and they can deal with it. No point in starting a thread about one member and letting others flame them on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
ac101
604Life is my Homepage!
ac101

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 am

darthchilli wrote:
Nyaa has very good english!
anyways

yea..sand in vajayJAY....and KT...thats about it...
hahahahahahahaha

super sand vaJAYJAY

hahahahahahahaha
stay on topic will...this is a serious thread...
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 1:37 pm

minix3 wrote:
You need to keep in mind that people use the "New posts" button as opposed to going to each section so fight club DOES come up.
But can't people just keep their trolling to PM's? you got an issue regarding a post one made then PM them about it [like you did] since it is a much more mature way to deal with it. If it still gets too out of hand, then consider the parties involved PM the admin [this is why i think we need to have more "main" mods] and they can deal with it. No point in starting a thread about one member and letting others flame them on your behalf.

Think you can elaborate a bit more on the "fight club DOES come up" part?

On the other hand, not everyone was taught to solve problems in PM, and some would rather get things done in public.

Should we remove this section, members MIGHT follow your option of dealing with things in PM, but considering how certain members behave, I am worried more problems will break out in our main section. You also have to put into account that this forum is constantly growing and more members will join. Just as the crime rate increases as a city's population increase, the flame rate will also increase when a forum's community expands.

*edit: I know a few members got a grudge against me right now, I don't mind if you PM me about it Wink

Last edited by Nyaa on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-kT
-kT

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 1:43 pm

LOL MINIX3

if you don't want flaming, don't come in here. putting into account that right now, almost all the major posters are mods, there's obviously gonna be arguments
Back to top Go down
http://www.waterwillrise.com/kt
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Quiet KT.

minix3's suggestion isn't useless, and it might even work considering this is a small forum for now.
Back to top Go down
darthchilli
darthchilli

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 pm

quiet AC
Will will always go
WHY SO SERIOUS

im not helping..
hahahahhha

regardless...fightclub wont work on this scale
if 90% of shits gonna be posted on fightclub..this will be just another pointless forum sorta like 4chan
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:36 pm

should we change Fight Club to 604life's /b/ then lol?
Back to top Go down
Yushimi
Just On Coz I'm Bored
Yushimi

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Certain people just think it's funny so they make threads about it in the FC.
It's as simple as that. Supposely it keeps the forum alive.
I simply ignore a lot of posts now after that whole..."problem" in FC.
I've kept a lot of stuff to PMs because of that.
A quick example was a post made by minix3. I just simply ignored it even though it did hit a super mini nerve on my end. But hey, this is the world. Nothing is perfect. And I dont think a forum will be perfect. Keeping in mind that it seems like a lot of people come to the FC to just randomly go off topic and flame as a joke. There will be trolls, it's not like you can have a sensor that beeps when a troll signs up for 604life. *But that would be so cool...lolz*
Whatever, that was my 2cents. I'll keep it at that.

PS: minix3, there was no intention to flame at you in anyway. Just that, that was the last thing I read before coming here lolz
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 9:49 pm

No probs yushimi.
I'm just saying most of this forum is becoming focussed on the "Fight Club". I understand it's need when it comes to forum based issues, but I don't want to read any more posts about your personal problems just because the other person is a member.
As for the "most of the flaming is coming from mods", this is why we should redo the selection process.
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:05 am

Yeah I was a little bit meh about the mod selection but since moderators do not have power to seriously alter the forum I'm somewhat ok with it.
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 am

it's quite simple. if you don't want to read something, don't read it. if you don't like this section, don't visit it. if you don't like the way this forum is run, don't come back.

i'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:12 am

Sigh. Maybe you will understand my reason for posting this thread when you grow out of short pants and get a real car.
Back to top Go down
spoon.ek9
JDM EK9 Admin
spoon.ek9

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 am

hahah wow, just amazing. you seem to pride yourself as being the most mature of anyone around here and yet you sink to the level of petty insults that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. VERY mature of you. maybe you'll realise one day that the world doesn't revolve around you. your opinion only means so much, the place isn't going to conform solely to your ideas.
Back to top Go down
-kT
-kT

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:25 pm

minix3 wrote:
As for the "most of the flaming is coming from mods", this is why we should redo the selection process.

That isn't what I said. Look at all the major posters. Then look at how many of them are mods.

So quite obviously most of the flaming is coming from the mods, since it's mostly mods who are posting anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.waterwillrise.com/kt
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:06 pm

spoon.ek9 wrote:
hahah wow, just amazing. you seem to pride yourself as being the most mature of anyone around here and yet you sink to the level of petty insults that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. VERY mature of you. maybe you'll realise one day that the world doesn't revolve around you. your opinion only means so much, the place isn't going to conform solely to your ideas.

I don't pride myself as being anything. I just think if everyone is acting like a 10 year old with petty insults I shall do the same to someone who obviously doesn't understand my motivation for posting this thread.
The world doesn't resolve around me. Heck, I'm not even on the same continent as everyone else. I just think most of this section is unnecessary since it contains posts about people's personal issues. If it was forum related then I'm not 100% against it. I'm just over reading this days of our lives drama.
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 pm

-kT wrote:
minix3 wrote:

That isn't what I said. Look at all the major posters. Then look at how many of them are mods.

So quite obviously most of the flaming is coming from the mods, since it's mostly mods who are posting anyway

That valorises my point not refutes it. Since all the flaming is coming from the mods, maybe we need to rethink how this forum selects those who they deem fit to be a mod. Do we really want a forum where it seems as if our moderators are 14 year olds who can't stop having a cry?
Back to top Go down
minix3
Just On Coz I'm Bored

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:13 pm

For example, I am OK with threads of this nature since it is an issue based around the forum. But I am not so OK with threads in relation to private matters for example Yushimi just because of who she is dating. It's unrelated to the forum so don't bring that shit here.

[Sorry Diggy I'm not having a go at you, just stating an opinion <3]
Back to top Go down
Nyaa
Nyaa

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 pm

This is honestly what Fight Club is about, not kids trying to troll with barbaric sexual references.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delete this immature section and mods.   Delete this immature section and mods. Empty

Back to top Go down

Delete this immature section and mods.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next