Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly reminder to those who have After Market Radiators: Remember to drain your fluids before leaving the car in over the winter break.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyaa
I'm starting to like this
Nyaa

Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism? Empty
PostSubject: Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism?   Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:45 am

Constructive criticism, as we all know, are advices to help someone improve on something.

Insults on the other hand are far less intelligent and at the same time, unable to provide direct advices to a person.

While insults are generally less accepted, if you are to think about why you are insulted, you will eventually find out what you did wrong. Or can insults actually be the process that comes below constructive criticism when what you are commenting on is absolutely crap?

I'm sure a lot of you watched episodes of American Idol and I'm pretty sure all of you have heard Simon's comment on certain contestants.

At this point, I concluded that there are 2 types of insults:
1. Intellectual Insults.
2. Retardation Insults.

Intellectual insults are those that are given from educated individuals who are able to express their criticism in harsher ways.

Retardation Insults are those that are given from uneducated idiots who cannot analyze something and proceeds to say something along the lines of, "It fucking sucks."

Discuss. Feel free to intellectually insult me.
Back to top Go down
5.201314%
I just can't stop Posting!
5.201314%

Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism?   Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:47 pm

There are also the indirect insults, that could definitely fit in the retardation insults category, but I like to keep them seperate.

e.g. "Your mom's a big fat whore"

Something is definitely wrong when a lot of people would say this to you. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://604life.havenforum.com/

Philo101 Post 1: Can insults, in a sense, be constructive criticism?
Page 1 of 1